Learn more about Saïd Foundation
Our objectives are:
– To assist the Saїd Business School at Oxford University in its pursuit of excellence and in its desire to promote the beneficial role of business in society.
– To support the humanitarian relief and development needs of the Syrian people and, when once again possible, the long-term sustainable development of the country.
– To support the higher education of students in order to promote the sustainable development of the Levant region.
– To improve the lives of disadvantaged children in the Levant region.
– To increase understanding of Britain’s Muslim communities among its non-Muslims and to foster a stronger sense of belonging in the UK among Muslim communities.
– To enable disadvantaged students in the UK and overseas to realise their full potential through educational, vocational training and internship opportunities.
Our approach is non-sectarian and non-political and our vision is of a world where people from all backgrounds can realise their full potential.
The Foundation is a charitable company limited by guarantee. It is governed by a Board of Trustees who are also Directors for the purposes of Company law.
The Foundation’s charitable activities are funded by income from its investments, supplemented by additional donations from the Chairman for specific initiatives.
The Trustees retain a focus on the Middle East, particularly the priority countries of Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan. However they also recognise the importance of funding projects in the UK through the Saїd Business School Programme and the Amal Programme.
No, our only office is located in London.
We welcome donations from individuals and organisations. Your contribution will go in full towards the programme of your choice, since our administrative costs are already covered. Please visit this page for more information:
The Saïd Foundation is currently focused on supporting a small number of international organisations to deliver its intended mandate. Please keep an eye on our website for any changes in our funding strategy.
There are currently no vacancies at the Foundation. We will share new job openings on our LinkedIn page.
Saïd Foundation Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and applications are carefully considered by officers and Trustees of the Foundation and external assessors. Our decisions are based on the candidate’s academic excellence, the usefulness of the subject to their home country, their leadership potential, their future career goals and their practical ability to make use of the knowledge to be gained in the UK on their return to the Middle East. More details can be found on the Scholarships section of the website.
Saïd Business School is operationally independent from the Saïd Foundation so please contact the school directly if you have any question related to the school. Full contact details are available on the school website.
We welcome partnership opportunities with universities in the UK and organisations which share our objectives and values. Please send us more details about your proposed partnership to email@example.com
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include details about your request